Monday, May 18, 2015

My Contribution to The Final.

The Soundproof Shower: Scope

My scope of this project was combining nature (water) with electricity. I wanted to provide a good balance of being neon and pastel, with this rush of water. So we wanted to make the product look glowing yet vibrant. I am very proud of the work I have done on this final.
For the website, I designed the header, and also embedded the animation. For the header, we wanted it to look like an old video game, because old video games with pixel art conveys a sense of nostalgia.
We wanted to put the QR code there to show the potential customers that we know what we're doing, and that we are easily accessible.

Pre-Production

In the animation strand, I was the typography coordinator, and as soon as i was done with that i decided to start working on the advertisement. I began drawing up sketches, and looking at photo references from really hip companies.
For the advertisement, we wanted a very pop art feel. Something that is physically appealing to the eye, that makes you wish it weren't just an ad for a shower.

Concepts/ Video ideas

Filming the video, was challenging considering filming in the shower included almost accidentally getting my camera wet, and also a limitation of how many people you can fit in a shower.
But we decided to use a tiled wall in the school for interviews and testimonials, to make it seem as though you were in a shower.

Things I learned about the Technology

In this project, I feel as though I got a great in depth look at adobe illustrator, and final cut pro.
I know so much more about the tools, and I feel as though I can create anything I want in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment